Wednesday, January 13, 2010

SLLA Exam Mis-Administration....

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu. The new SLLA exam for School admins was difficult.The multiple choice part was challenging, however the 2nd part was more challenging. In my testing session there were 60+ people. We all were threatened to turn in all electronic devices prior to testing, anything detected would result in dismissal. Since it was an early exam, I sure a lot of people consumed coffee, and as a result, had to use the bathroom before the 4hr exam was finished. This caused a lot of distractions as people were getting up and moving while the test was still in session. There was talking and the testing admin had to scold ,out loud several test takers. My main issue was the announcement of time left. The last announcement was for 10 mins. left, then the next was put your pencils down. There were no clocks, so as I was writing I could not accurately judge the time left. As a result, I didn't get to the last question. There were other concerns also. Some of my classmates didn't finish either. I filed a official compliant. I will wait to see how it turns out. I am very busy at school with remediation in full swing. 200+ students working with academy of reading & math. Many issues, too many to mention.